occasionally, something can happen before the start of a trip. With our cancellation insurance you are financially protected. Secure yourself and take out this trip cancellation insurance “Hartmann Insurance” right now.
The insurance must be taken out at the same time as the journey is booked.
If the insurances is not taken out at the same time as the journey is booked, cover for trip cancellation benefits does not start until the 10th day following conclusion of insurance.
The following events are covered as reasons for trip cancellation / trip interruption, if as a result you are unexpectedly unable to commence the trip or have to break it off:
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness*, serious physical injury caused by an accident, adverse reactions to a vaccination or death;
- loosening of implanted joints*;
- unexpectedly occurring serious illness*, serious physical injury caused by an accident or death (including suicide) of a family member, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- pregnancy, if the pregnancy is determined after booking the journey, or severe pregnancy complications up to the 35th week of pregnancy inclusive*;
- serious damage to your property at the place of residence as a result of acts of God (e.g. flood, storm), fire, burst water pipes or criminal act of a third party, making your presence absolutely necessary;
- loss of job without fault, as a result of notice of termination issued by the employer;
- call-up to basic military service or alternative civilian service;
- submission of an action for divorce to the competent court or, in the case of registered life partnerships, the submission of a petition for dissolution before the trip to be taken jointly by the married couple/civil partners;
- dissolution of the relationship of two partners living together (who have had the same registered address for at least 6 months) by the giving up of the joint residence immediately before the trip to be undertaken jointly by the partners concerned;
- failure to pass the school-leaving certificate examination, or a similar final examination for a course of school education lasting at least 3 years;
- receipt of an unexpectet judical summons.
Covid 19 Special
COVID-19 is still classified as an epidemic or pandemic (cf. WHO, Austrian health authorities).
However, for already booked trips insured by us and new conclusions of our insurance policies from October 7 until
further notice, we do not apply the pandemic exclusion for cancellation and travel interruption cases contained in our
insurance terms and conditions.
Insofar, we grant cover in the event that you, as the insured customer, cannot start or have to interrupt the travel,
• because you suffer from COVID-19 symptoms,
• measured, even if a later test result is negative,
• because you were tested positive for COVID-19 without showing symptoms,
• because a close relative () or a person living in the same household has contracted COVID-19 and your urgent presence is required, • because a close relative () in the same household has contracted COVID-19 and you must therefore be quarantined.
(*) close relatives are defined as spouse (or registered partner or partner living in the same household), children (step children,
children-in-law, grandchildren, foster children), parents (step parents, parents-in-law, grandparents, foster parents), siblings and
brother-in-law/sister-in-law of the insured person – in case of a registered partner or partner living in the same household, additionally
his/her children, parents and siblings.
However, there is no cancellation cover:
• if you cannot or do not want to start the travel because you are worried about an infection due to the increasing
number of cases at your holiday destination,
• if you cannot or do not want to start the travel because you are classified as a risk patient,
• if the hotel cannot (any longer) provide its service (e.g. in case of closing the hotel by official decree or the hotel
is located in an area of level 5 or 6 travel warning),
• if you cannot start the travel because you are placed in quarantine due to a suspected case (e.g. in kindergarten
or among your colleagues) without having symptoms of the disease or having tested positive,
• for costs taken over for mere quarantine accommodation.
As before, our premiums do not differentiate between risk patients and non-risk patients, and, as before, we do not
introduce any age limits.
* In the event of sickness/accident please have a detailed medical certificate made out by the treating doctor.
No cover is provided, for example, if the reason for trip cancellation or trip interruption
- already existed or was foreseeable;
- is connected with an existing illness of the insured person or a person who represents a cancellation risk (e.g. family member), which has been treated
- on an outpatient basis in the last 6 months or
- on an inpatient basis in the last 9 months
The contractual basis are the EUROPÄISCHE travel insurance conditions (Hotel Industry) 2012 (ERV-RVB Hotel Industry 2012). Please note: The official text is the German version „EUROPÄISCHE Reiseversicherungsbedingungen Hotellerie 2012 (ERV-RVB Hotellerie 2012)”. Any discrepancies or differences created in the translation are not binding and have no legal effect for compliance or enforcement purposes.